I was inspired by fond memories of a salad I ate on a first “fancy seafood restaurant” date with my boyfriend—now husband—Bill when I was just 18. From the very first taste, I was in heaven. Little did I know then that it had a lot to do with the cream and how it perfectly coated the lettuce leaves. I added a twist to it by including a zesty lemon flavor.
Creamy Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette
Published: February 5, 2012
- Yield: 1 ½ cups
I was inspired by fond memories of a salad I ate on a first “fancy seafood restaurant” date with my boyfriend—now husband—Bill …
- 2 tablespoons shallot minced
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together shallot, champagne vinegar, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Immediately before serving, add the heavy whipping cream and lightly whisk, avoid over frothing the mixture.
**Note: This dressing is particularly delicious served over butter lettuce.
- Skill Level: Easy