My mother had a sweet tooth, and there are a few of those sweets I remember seeing her eat time and time again. One of those was the Whatchamacallit® candy bar by Hershey’s. I am not sure which she liked more, the candy or the name, but she is the inspiration for this fondue. Love you mom!
Published: February 4, 2012
- Yield: 8 to 10 Servings
My mother had a sweet tooth, and there are a few of those sweets I remember seeing her eat time and time again. One of those was the …
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup caramel sundae topping preferred brand: Mrs. Richardson’s Butterscotch Caramel Topping
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 recipe Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Original Treats™
- Combine milk chocolate chips, peanut butter, caramel, butter, vanilla extract in mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a simmer and remove from heat. Immediately pour cream into the chocolate bowl and begin whisking ingredients until fully combined and smooth.
- Transfer melted chocolate mixture into a fondue bowl insert and serve over low heat. During service, occasionally stir fondue to keep from burning or separating. Serve with mini homemade Rice Krispie Treats cut into squares or use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make mini hearts.